« Home | It's Really NOT About Me! - Luke 24 » | Jesus Changes Everything - Luke 23 » 

« Home | It's Really NOT About Me! - Luke 24 » | Jesus Changes Everything - Luke 23 »

In the Beginning...John 1


Well, here we are at the beginning of 2006. How appropriate that we start with John 1:


1 In the beginning the Word already existed. He was with God, and he was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 He created everything there is. Nothing exists that he didn't make. 4 Life itself was in him, and this life gives light to everyone.
I was especially drawn to verses 3 and 4. Everything that is, was created by Him. There is so much to glean from these few verses…about life, about light, about God.

We started this journey back on April 18th last year and with the current plan, we’ll finish the New Testament in April this year. Plus, we’ve gone through I & II Samuel, Job, and Haggai in the OT. Wow, what a year it has been.

I am refreshing my commitment to read God’s Word every day and to be accountable for it with my brothers. Actually, it’s probably better to say I’m refreshing my commitment to seeking Him through prayer and reading His Word. There were days this past year that my daily reading became nothing more than ritual and forced. I don’t want to be legalistic and I don’t want to boast about having read the Bible each day. I just want more faith. I want to know Him…everything about Him. The more I know Him, the more I live.

For me, the dBrag works. For you, one of the many Bible reading plans might work better. I need the accountability factor (as much as I hate to admit it). Whatever it is, I encourage you all to examine your commitment to reading His Word every day…for no other reason than getting to know Him better. Like it says in verse 5:
5 The light shines through the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.

Want to live in the light? Life in Jesus gives light to everyone. The more we seek Him, the more we’ll know Him (faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God). The more we know Him, the easier it is to live in the light.

Why not join us in this daily quest for God. Just get an accountability partner (or group), read a chapter a day, and then email your thoughts to each other. It only takes about 5-15 minutes and it can really make a huge difference in your day. For more information, check out www.dbrag.org.

Peace!
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP