« Home | Loyalty, Sacrifice - Ruth 1 » | What's Next? » | Romans 16 » | One Voice - Romans 15 » | Believe! - Romans 4 » | No Matter - Romans 3 » | Change of Heart - Romans 2 » | The Bottom Line - Romans 1 » | I Know Who 'They' Is! - Romans 1 » | What's Your Story? - Romans 1 » 

« Home | Loyalty, Sacrifice - Ruth 1 » | What's Next? » | Romans 16 » | One Voice - Romans 15 » | Believe! - Romans 4 » | No Matter - Romans 3 » | Change of Heart - Romans 2 » | The Bottom Line - Romans 1 » | I Know Who 'They' Is! - Romans 1 » | What's Your Story? - Romans 1 »

Just A Coincidence? - Ruth 2


We really have no way of knowing how many times our lives are touched by the supernatural every day. I remember one time being in a particular hurry and frustrated with the delays I was experiencing with unusual traffic. I hit every light red. Every lane I'd get into would be the one someone was slowing to turn. Then the bus stop - I couldn't get around it so I had to sit and wait. When I finally did get moving, I saw far ahead down the road the front end of a car as it began to flip over in the intersection. I immediately felt the Holy Spirit telling me inside that the car in the air could have been mine. Suddenly I was not in such a hurry any more. As I read the 2nd chapter of Ruth again this morning, something new hit me:
3 So Ruth went out to gather grain behind the harvesters. And as it happened, she found herself working in a field that belonged to Boaz, the relative of her father-in-law, Elimelech.
"And as it happened" jumped off the page and I remembered the story above when I was supernaturally delayed in traffic in order that I might miss being the victim in a terrible car accident.

One of the benefits of being loved by the Maker of the Universe - is that He can control what happens as He wishes. I believe it was no coincidence that Ruth ended up in the field of Boaz - because it was all in God's plan.

We can doubt. We can fight it. And I agree it takes faith to say that. But I don't doubt that God can guide and direct us - even when we resist. He loves us and knows what's best. Even through our trials, He cares enough to place things in our lives that will help us grow. They don't always make sense at the moment, but His promise is true: ALL things work out for the good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28 NAS)

Increase my trust, Lord!

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP