« Home | In the Beginning...John 1 » | It's Really NOT About Me! - Luke 24 » | Jesus Changes Everything - Luke 23 » 

« Home | In the Beginning...John 1 » | It's Really NOT About Me! - Luke 24 » | Jesus Changes Everything - Luke 23 »

True Worship - John 4


The Samaritan woman at the well is a beautiful story of conversion. Every time I read it I'm reminded of the role of harvester that is required of me. This story effectively disarms most excuses I usually can think of when it comes to my personal evangelism. See if you've used any of these:

- "But Lord, this person will never come to know You no matter how hard I try."She was a Samaritan woman whom Jews despised. Jesus showed the disciples (and us) many times that there is no place for respectors of persons.

- "But Lord, I don't know what to say - I don't know the scriptures well enough."His message was so simple: "Woman, how would you like water that will make it so you'll never thirst again?" It was His act of knowledge that impressed the woman - got her attention. We may not be able to do miracles like prophetic discernment, but the point is - it's what Jesus does, not us. Share with people what He's done for you and they'll want to know Him!

- "But Lord, I hardly know this person"Jesus walked slowly through the crowd. I love that thought. He looked for opportunities to minister. We must look for opportunities - or pray for them. He took time to sit with her and establish a relationship. I find myself in such a hurry that I think I don't have time to even say hello, let alone stop and really talk to people.

Now, the powerhouse for me in this chapter is verse 23:

23 But the time is coming and is already here when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for anyone who will worship him that way.

The "time" He is referring to is when Jesus fulfills His purpose on earth - to die a cruel death on the cross. Now, He is seated in heaven and God is looking for people to believe and worship Him for all He is. Look at Hebrews 12:2:

2 He was willing to die a shameful death on the cross because of the joy he knew would be his afterward. Now he is seated in the place of highest honor beside God's throne in heaven.
Up until now, this woman (and all good Samaritans and many Jews) associated worship with a place - the temple. When Jesus gave His life, His temple became us! Now, the temple is in us. So, worship is where we are - anywhere and anytime and in any form we choose to stop and focus on God. It's not a song - it's a lifestyle.

Any attempt to return to some form or some place is not what Jesus was talking about. I know people that worship 'worship' and there are many who go through the motions - depending upon the emotion in the music...but God is seeking those who genuinely worhip Him in their heart, and for no other reason but love and adoration - worship - for Him.

Worship Him today with all your heart.

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP