« Home | Bring Out The BIG GUNS! - Joshua 3 » | Your Reputation Preceeds You - Joshua 2 » | Want to be successful? - Joshua 1 » | Pssssst - Want to know a Secret? - Ephesians 3 » | Bounce Back Spirit - Ephesians 2 » | Power Source - Ephesians 1 » | God Filled - Exodus 40 » | The Tabernacle Completed - Exodus 39 » | The Da Vinci Code - What Would Jesus Do? » | Enough Already! - Exodus 36 » 

« Home | Bring Out The BIG GUNS! - Joshua 3 » | Your Reputation Preceeds You - Joshua 2 » | Want to be successful? - Joshua 1 » | Pssssst - Want to know a Secret? - Ephesians 3 » | Bounce Back Spirit - Ephesians 2 » | Power Source - Ephesians 1 » | God Filled - Exodus 40 » | The Tabernacle Completed - Exodus 39 » | The Da Vinci Code - What Would Jesus Do? » | Enough Already! - Exodus 36 »

So the World Will Know - Joshua 4


What is a legacy? Dictionary.com defines legacy as: "Something handed down from an ancestor or a predecessor or from the past." Joshua left a rich legacy.

The Lord told Joshua to build a memorial at the place where they crossed the river Jordan:
6 We will use these stones to build a memorial. In the future, your children will ask, 'What do these stones mean to you?' 7 Then you can tell them, 'They remind us that the Jordan River stopped flowing when the Ark of the LORD's covenant went across.' These stones will stand as a permanent memorial among the people of Israel."
I love what the last verse in this chapter says:
24 He did this so that all the nations of the earth might know the power of the LORD, and that you might fear the LORD your God forever."
Because Joshua was faithful to do what God had asked him, God was able to demonstrate His power. Joshua and the tribe leaders built the memorial so that the world would be reminded of God's power forever. The Bible says this memorial remains to this day. If not physically, it is recorded in God's Holy Word for us to read about.

Joshua's legacy was that he heard and obeyed God. As a result, God made Joshua great in the eyes of his people:
14 That day the LORD made Joshua great in the eyes of all the Israelites, and for the rest of his life they revered him as much as they had revered Moses.
What is your legacy? Do you think about what it is you're handing down to your children and their children? What is it in your life that will cause your children and your grandchildren to stop and ask, "What does this mean?"

I want to leave a legacy that I heard the Lord and did what He asks of me. I want there to be a trail of memorials in my life that cause people to recognize the power of God - not me. I don't want to do anything in my own power or of my own thought.

I'm listening, Lord.

peace,
e

Great blog, I agree with you about leaving a legacy- I know you'll leave a legacy that will glorify our God. Glad to see you blogging again!

LN

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP