« Home | The Tabernacle Completed - Exodus 39 » | The Da Vinci Code - What Would Jesus Do? » | Enough Already! - Exodus 36 » | T-I-M-E - Exodus 35 » | What's Next? » | The Glow Face Effect - Exodus 34 » | Prayer IS Effective! - Exodus 33 » | Happy 100th Anniversary! » | "Ask & Believe" not "Ask & Do" - Exodus 32 » | These Hands - Exodus 31 » 

« Home | The Tabernacle Completed - Exodus 39 » | The Da Vinci Code - What Would Jesus Do? » | Enough Already! - Exodus 36 » | T-I-M-E - Exodus 35 » | What's Next? » | The Glow Face Effect - Exodus 34 » | Prayer IS Effective! - Exodus 33 » | Happy 100th Anniversary! » | "Ask & Believe" not "Ask & Do" - Exodus 32 » | These Hands - Exodus 31 »

God Filled - Exodus 40

34 Then the cloud covered the Tabernacle, and the glorious presence of the LORD filled it.

It is finished. This chapter also seems a bit redundant with God telling Moses exactly what to do with each finished piece of the Tabernacle, then we get a play-by-play of Moses setting each piece up in the Tabernacle. Do you think God had very specific intentions for every minute detail concerning the preparation of the Temple? Everything had to be just so.

Which seems to crush my previous premise of comparing our "temple" to the Tabernacle. Do you see what I mean? Maybe I'm still a bit cloudy this morning, but if I had to have everything "just so" in my "temple" before the glorious presence of the Lord filled it, I'd be running on empty most of the time.

I'm thankful that God has chosen to reside me in spite of me. Thank God that the only preparation I'm required to carry out has to do with accepting what Jesus did on the cross. Because of that, God dwells in me in the Holy Spirit.

Well, that about does it for our study of Exodus. Want to know what's next? Check out my blog:
http://jaqua.blogspot.com/2006/05/whats-next.html

See you in the Word!

peace,
e

Hey e,

Amen to that.... so glad we don't live according to the old testament rules....Jesus sure made it easier for us. I often wonder how they did it back then...following all the rituals, traditions, prayers, cleansing and it keeps going on and on and on!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP