« Home | Prayer IS Effective! - Exodus 33 » | Happy 100th Anniversary! » | "Ask & Believe" not "Ask & Do" - Exodus 32 » | These Hands - Exodus 31 » | Sanctified Annointing Oil & Incense - Exodus 30 » | Baby Got Book! - The Video » | Boiled Meat! - Exodus 29 » | Bible Reading Marathon in D.C.! » | Our High Priest - Exodus 28 » | The Tabernacle - Exodus 25-27 » 

« Home | Prayer IS Effective! - Exodus 33 » | Happy 100th Anniversary! » | "Ask & Believe" not "Ask & Do" - Exodus 32 » | These Hands - Exodus 31 » | Sanctified Annointing Oil & Incense - Exodus 30 » | Baby Got Book! - The Video » | Boiled Meat! - Exodus 29 » | Bible Reading Marathon in D.C.! » | Our High Priest - Exodus 28 » | The Tabernacle - Exodus 25-27 »

The Glow Face Effect - Exodus 34

HOLY!!!

That's how we emphasize words with today's word processing technology. We can use all capital letters to indicate shouting or yelling, we can use bold and italics for emphasis, we can use exclaimation points for excitement.

Did you know that when people were writing the Bible, they didn't have Microsoft Word or even MS Works? So, they had to emphasize words in another way: they would repeat the phrase for emphasis. For example - "Verily, verily I say unto you" today would be more like "VERILY, I say unto you." If the writer repeated a word or phrase, it was for emphasis. If they used the word or phrase three times (rare) as in: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty" today, this would be like shouting: "HOLY!!! is the Lord God Almighty!"

Look at verse 6 in today's chapter:
"I am the LORD, I am the LORD, the merciful and gracious God. I am slow to anger and rich in unfailing love and faithfulness. 7 I show this unfailing love to many thousands by forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion. Even so I do not leave sin unpunished, but I punish the children for the sins of their parents to the third and fourth generations."
Kinds puts a new light on things huh?

The other thing I like in this chapter is the glow face effect:
28 Moses was up on the mountain with the LORD forty days and forty nights. In all that time he neither ate nor drank. At that time he wrote the terms of the covenant – the Ten Commandments – on the stone tablets. 29 When Moses came down the mountain carrying the stone tablets inscribed with the terms of the covenant, he wasn't aware that his face glowed because he had spoken to the LORD face to face. 30 And when Aaron and the people of Israel saw the radiance of Moses' face, they were afraid to come near him.
Last night
in our Wildmen men's meeting I saw some men whose faces were glowing. We had an opportunity for an extended time of worship and they had spent time with God. Like Moses, I don't think they knew their faces were glowing, but we could see it.

I want that. I want that. I want that.

(did you catch that?)

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP