« Home | Sanctified Annointing Oil & Incense - Exodus 30 » | Baby Got Book! - The Video » | Boiled Meat! - Exodus 29 » | Bible Reading Marathon in D.C.! » | Our High Priest - Exodus 28 » | The Tabernacle - Exodus 25-27 » | The Promise - Exodus 23 » | Break the Chains! - Exodus 22 » | Theocracy - Exodus 21 » | Ten Commandments - Exodus 20 » 

« Home | Sanctified Annointing Oil & Incense - Exodus 30 » | Baby Got Book! - The Video » | Boiled Meat! - Exodus 29 » | Bible Reading Marathon in D.C.! » | Our High Priest - Exodus 28 » | The Tabernacle - Exodus 25-27 » | The Promise - Exodus 23 » | Break the Chains! - Exodus 22 » | Theocracy - Exodus 21 » | Ten Commandments - Exodus 20 »

These Hands - Exodus 31


Exodus 31:
1 The LORD also said to Moses, 2 "Look, I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, grandson of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. 3 I have filled him with the Spirit of God, giving him great wisdom, intelligence, and skill in all kinds of crafts. 4 He is able to create beautiful objects from gold, silver, and bronze. 5 He is skilled in cutting and setting gemstones and in carving wood. Yes, he is a master at every craft! 6 "And I have appointed Oholiab son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan, to be his assistant. Moreover, I have given special skill to all the naturally talented craftsmen so they can make all the things I have instructed you to make...
More questions. Do you think Bezalel and Oholiab had natural crafty talent? Or do you think that God chose to give this to them for a very special purpose? Well, look at the end of verse 6. God gave special skill to "all the naturally talented craftsmen." Bez and Oho seem to not be included in this list of naturally talented craftsmen.

Which led my thoughts to the intent of God's special annointing: to build His Tabernacle, the Ark & its cover, all the furnishings and furniture, etc. What do these things represent today? Where is the Tabernacle? We are!

Maybe its a stretch, but the message for me today is that God has the ability and the will to appoint whosoever He will to accomplish what He wishes with what ever skills are necessary.

And, I've seen it with my own eyes. I remember starting out as worship leader at a local church. The existing team consisted of a young trumpeter, a floutist (flute player), and a sweet woman who recently purchased a guitar because she wanted to help in the worship team. Not much on the surface. But, they were willing to be used. We studied what it meant to be a worship team and lead worshipers. I remember that they were so eager to worship Him. There were no puffed up egos to deal with (that you sometimes have with "pro" musicians who've become accustomed to praise of their own). After a few weeks, I noticed how people were responding during the songs. The music was sweet.
God flowed freely through this team. The annointing was there, even though the skill was only beginning.

I think this applies to all of us - musician or not. The trick is to seek Him about what He's wanting you to do. How has He gifted you? Where is your passion? Are you listening? Perhaps He will choose you to fill a need in the church or community that you'd never dream of.

Reminds me of a song by Jeff Deo:

These hands were made to praise You
These lips were made to lift You up
I give to You my life in worship
These feet were made to serve You
This tongue, to sing of Your great love
I give to You my life in worship

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP