« Home | "Ask & Believe" not "Ask & Do" - Exodus 32 » | These Hands - Exodus 31 » | Sanctified Annointing Oil & Incense - Exodus 30 » | Baby Got Book! - The Video » | Boiled Meat! - Exodus 29 » | Bible Reading Marathon in D.C.! » | Our High Priest - Exodus 28 » | The Tabernacle - Exodus 25-27 » | The Promise - Exodus 23 » | Break the Chains! - Exodus 22 » 

« Home | "Ask & Believe" not "Ask & Do" - Exodus 32 » | These Hands - Exodus 31 » | Sanctified Annointing Oil & Incense - Exodus 30 » | Baby Got Book! - The Video » | Boiled Meat! - Exodus 29 » | Bible Reading Marathon in D.C.! » | Our High Priest - Exodus 28 » | The Tabernacle - Exodus 25-27 » | The Promise - Exodus 23 » | Break the Chains! - Exodus 22 »

Happy 100th Anniversary!

Have some cake!

Wow, according to my records, this is my 100th posting on GraceWalk (not that I'm counting or anything). Wow. Okay, I admit it's not that newsworthy, but you only get this opportunity once. So - here it is.


Thanks for hanging with me. I encourage you to read along with me - not just my thoughts, but God's Word (I don't have anything of value to say, I'm just telling what God has shown me).


As I've stated before, I never had the discipline to read the Word every day, but I so wanted to. I knew the benefits and I knew I should, but I wasn't strong enough. I'd try it for a while, but after a few days or a few weeks, I'd be back to wishin'. It wasn't until a good friend suggested we become accountable to each other via email that I even attempted something like this.

That was over 2 years ago now, and I've read through the entire NT and several books in the OT (I think I & II Samuel are my favorites still). Well, it changed my life so much that I told a few close friends. They started accountability groups and told their family and friends. They told their family and friends, etc.

What started out as accountability between a few friends has become a significant number of new daily-Bible-reading blogs and dozens of what I call "dBrags" (see
dBrag.org for more info) across this country and the world. I have my friends to thank and my Lord.

Sure, I still miss a day here and there, but I can certainly tell when I haven't had my time with God. I miss it. Wow...I never thought I'd hear myself say that. And, I still have issues and God's got lots of work to do, but I'm grateful for my new habbit. I just wish this would have happened a few years earlier...

Lord, Your Word is amazing. Send forth Your Word, Lord. Use me any way You can.

peace,

e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP