« Home | We Need Friends - Proverbs 18 » | Cover Over An Offense - Proverbs 17 » | Fear of the Lord = Life - Proverbs 14 » | Bad Company - Proverbs 13 » | The Perfect Man? - Proverbs 12 » | Prosperity Through Generosity - Proverbs 11 » | The Wise Man and the Fool - Proverbs 10 » | Choose "THE force" - Proverbs 9 » | Do You Really Hate Evil? - Proverbs 8 » | A Youth Who Lacked Judgement - Proverbs 7 » 

« Home | We Need Friends - Proverbs 18 » | Cover Over An Offense - Proverbs 17 » | Fear of the Lord = Life - Proverbs 14 » | Bad Company - Proverbs 13 » | The Perfect Man? - Proverbs 12 » | Prosperity Through Generosity - Proverbs 11 » | The Wise Man and the Fool - Proverbs 10 » | Choose "THE force" - Proverbs 9 » | Do You Really Hate Evil? - Proverbs 8 » | A Youth Who Lacked Judgement - Proverbs 7 »

The Planning Meeting - Proverbs 19

I have a gift (or a habit?) of making things seem more complicated than they are. I know it's the way I'm wired up. If you could hear all the thoughts my brain comes up with when forming my words or planning an event, you might be amazed (or frightened!).

My close friends will agree with me when I say I have an "enhanced 'what-if' generator" that can come up with dozens of reasons why or why not to do or say something. It's quite complex, really.
But as I read the chapter this morning, Proverbs 19, something so simple stood out among the other verses:
21 Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
I don't know about you, but as I read that again, I breathe a sigh of relief. I often get bogged down in planning for worship services, men's group curriculum and activities, family events, work schedules and projects until I can barely even think. But to know that the Lord's purpose is going to prevail - if I plan it or not - helps to takes all that off my shoulders.

I don't think this is telling me to stop planning, but it's telling me that God already has the plan. All I need to do is listen better at the planning meeting (prayer).

Thank You, Lord, for the simple truth found in Your Word. I am blessed by reading it. Please continue to teach me through my own reading and the thoughts of my brothers who are also seeking to know You more. Inspire my thoughts and guide my ideas so that I can be effective at home, at work, and in ministry. - amen

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP