« Home | Road Forks - Proverbs 20 » | The Planning Meeting - Proverbs 19 » | We Need Friends - Proverbs 18 » | Cover Over An Offense - Proverbs 17 » | Fear of the Lord = Life - Proverbs 14 » | Bad Company - Proverbs 13 » | The Perfect Man? - Proverbs 12 » | Prosperity Through Generosity - Proverbs 11 » | The Wise Man and the Fool - Proverbs 10 » | Choose "THE force" - Proverbs 9 » 

« Home | Road Forks - Proverbs 20 » | The Planning Meeting - Proverbs 19 » | We Need Friends - Proverbs 18 » | Cover Over An Offense - Proverbs 17 » | Fear of the Lord = Life - Proverbs 14 » | Bad Company - Proverbs 13 » | The Perfect Man? - Proverbs 12 » | Prosperity Through Generosity - Proverbs 11 » | The Wise Man and the Fool - Proverbs 10 » | Choose "THE force" - Proverbs 9 »

The Victory Belongs to the Lord - Proverbs 21

Can I just say how much fun I'm having reading in Proverbs? Some days (like today) it's such a cül thing to read these wise little gems. There was so much I could have chosen to write about today. There is so much wisdom wrapped up in these chapters. I also enjoy reading your comments as well. It's interesting to see how each of us gets something different. I learn from what God is showing you as much as I do from what He's showing me. As I read today, I was reminded of the story in 2 Kings that demonstrates Elisha's trust in how God is always prepared, always victorious:
14 So one night the king of Aram sent a great army with many chariots and horses to surround the city. 15 When the servant of the man of God got up early the next morning and went outside, there were troops, horses, and chariots everywhere."Ah, my lord, what will we do now?" he cried out to Elisha. 16 "Don't be afraid!" Elisha told him. "For there are more on our side than on theirs!" 17 Then Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes and let him see!" The LORD opened his servant's eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire. (NLT)
I'm typically more like Elisha's servant - freaking out because the enemy is coming for me. I want to be more like Elisha, sitting there in his lounge chair, sipping a fancy drink under the Mediterranean moonlight. Elisha asks God to allow his servant to see what he sees. The servant's eyes were opened and he saw God's angelic army with horses and chariots of fire surrounding Elisha as far as the eye could see.

Today in Proverbs 21, I was encouraged to read about the faithfulness of our Lord and how He is victorious - no matter how we seem to always get in the way:
30 Human plans, no matter how wise or well advised, cannot stand against the LORD. 31 The horses are prepared for battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
Isn't it good to know that in spite of our selfish hearts and motives that our plans can't get in the way of what God is trying to accomplish. He is always prepared, always victorious. It's less about us that we think...

Father, increase my trust in You.


peace,

e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP