« Home | No Limits! - Ezra 1 » | What's Next? » | Ends in Frustration - Nehemiah 13 » | Choir Music - Nehemiah 12 » | The Oath - Nehemiah 10 » | The Humble Voice - Nehemiah 9 » | A Man of Exhortation - Nehemiah 8 » | A Man of God - Nehemiah 7 » | A Man of Faith - Nehemiah 6 » | A Man of Justice - Nehemiah 5 » 

« Home | No Limits! - Ezra 1 » | What's Next? » | Ends in Frustration - Nehemiah 13 » | Choir Music - Nehemiah 12 » | The Oath - Nehemiah 10 » | The Humble Voice - Nehemiah 9 » | A Man of Exhortation - Nehemiah 8 » | A Man of God - Nehemiah 7 » | A Man of Faith - Nehemiah 6 » | A Man of Justice - Nehemiah 5 »

Back to Basics

Well, it has happened again. Every once in a while, I get so far "out there" with my plans and activities that I loose all effectiveness. I start getting so dependent upon my own skills and plans that suddenly nothing seems to be making any difference. The result is a series of half-completed projects and complete dissatisfaction on my part.

Specifically, I got to the point last week where I was busy going here and there, writing, preparing worship tunes, planning activities, showing up to this meeting and that, trying to get things done around the house, daddy/daughter time, and a variety of other things I'm responsible for. You've been there, right? Things were getting done, but I knew I could do better. I knew something was missing - so I'd try to plan out and figure out what else I could do and how I could fit it in my already heavy daily schedule.

At the Wildmen men's meeting last week, I was running around trying to get this and that accomplished and one of the men came to me and asked if I'd fill in as small group leader because the regular leader and co-leader were both out. I remember thinking "but I've got so much to do!" but I said I would. It was the biggest blessing I could have had right then. Just being there with the guys, listening to their stories, all sharing their thoughts about the study and what God was doing in their lives, made me realize that my focus was all wrong. Once again, I had let things get way too complicated - at least in my own mind.

Over the next week, God was speaking to me about how I need to simplify (again!) and focus on what's really important. That's why He led me to start in Romans again. Back to basics. What's really important is our relationship with God and telling others what God's doing in our lives - not some complicated, multi-layered ministry or some other vain pursuit.

So, we turn to Romans, the Cathedral of Christian faith, was written by Paul on his third missionary journey. It plainly teaches about how a sinner can be made righteous through a relationship with Jesus Christ, and then how a justified sinner lives daily for the glory of God.

I look forward to the simple message and hearing your thoughts as we journey through the book of Romans together.

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP