« Home | Out of Control - Esther 1 » | The Great Redeemer - Ruth 4 » | Don't Forget to Pray - My Thoughts on 9/11 Anniver... » | A Matter of Trust - Ruth 3 » | Just A Coincidence? - Ruth 2 » | Loyalty, Sacrifice - Ruth 1 » | What's Next? » | Romans 16 » | One Voice - Romans 15 » | Believe! - Romans 4 » 

« Home | Out of Control - Esther 1 » | The Great Redeemer - Ruth 4 » | Don't Forget to Pray - My Thoughts on 9/11 Anniver... » | A Matter of Trust - Ruth 3 » | Just A Coincidence? - Ruth 2 » | Loyalty, Sacrifice - Ruth 1 » | What's Next? » | Romans 16 » | One Voice - Romans 15 » | Believe! - Romans 4 »

God Will Make A Way - Esther 2

I find myself in a mental wrestling match this morning. I see what's happening in this story. What started out as an embarassing result of an overdone party and a drunken king has set the stage for a very important relationship that would eventually lead to the birth of our Savior.

First, I saw in verse 1 in this chapter how the king may have been re-thinking his decision to banish Vashti:
1 But after Xerxes' anger had cooled, he began thinking about Vashti and what she had done and the decree he had made.
What if he had insisted on recinding the decree and he took Vashti back? What if his trusted "attendants" had not plotted behind his back to encourage the king to go ahead with the banishment by bringing all the attractive virgins from all over the land to entice the king?

See, I told you I have an enhanced "what-if" generator!

But, back to my point. None of these "what if" scenarios occured. As a result, the millions of Jewish people were saved. Why do I say that?

Well, you'll need to keep reading Esther because I've gotten ahead of myself a bit. Suffice it to say that God can make a way when there seems to be no way. He can take what the enemy intended for evil and turn it around for good - even in people with evil in their heart. He is God afterall!

So what about your life? Is anything too big for God to handle? In spite of people with evil in their heart, in spite of your own shortcomings - can't He turn things around in your favor?

Ya, I know. That's a difficult one to accept. But you know it's true!

Stay tuned to see what happens next to Esther and the King...

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP