« Home | Concerning Divorce - Mark 10 » | "...only by prayer & fasting" - Mark 9 » | Yeast in my bread! - Mark 8 » | "Farceful" Worship? - Mark 7 » | Soil Test - Mark 4 » | Discipleship & Deliverance - Mark 3 » | The Sabbath - Mark 2 » | Introduction - Mark 1 » | Counterfeit Truth - Matthew 28 » | Be Ready - Matthew 25 » 

« Home | Concerning Divorce - Mark 10 » | "...only by prayer & fasting" - Mark 9 » | Yeast in my bread! - Mark 8 » | "Farceful" Worship? - Mark 7 » | Soil Test - Mark 4 » | Discipleship & Deliverance - Mark 3 » | The Sabbath - Mark 2 » | Introduction - Mark 1 » | Counterfeit Truth - Matthew 28 » | Be Ready - Matthew 25 »

Forgive - Mark 11


Please don't forget to pray for Erica as she attends VN this tonight through Sunday! (www.vntb.com)

Once again, I'm enjoying reading about the fig tree story. God has taught me more about my prayer life through this story than anything else. And, Mark's rendition is my favorite because it contains the words "it was out of season." Think about it...

Today as I read, I was drawn to:

25 But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too. (NLT)

Some manuscripts include a verse 26: "But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your sins."

Forgiveness is a huge issue. I know those in my family who hold onto unforgiveness and it causes all kinds of problems from health-related issues to spiritual blockage and more.

Bottom line: If you want to be forgiven (and you DO!) you must be willing to forgive.

God, please soften my heart and make me eager to forgive as you have so freely forgiven me. I pray for those that read this that they, too, may seek out any root of bitterness and that You would remove it completely. I'm Your's, Lord.

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP