« Home | "Farceful" Worship? - Mark 7 » | Soil Test - Mark 4 » | Discipleship & Deliverance - Mark 3 » | The Sabbath - Mark 2 » | Introduction - Mark 1 » | Counterfeit Truth - Matthew 28 » | Be Ready - Matthew 25 » | Hypocrites, Snakes, Sons of Vipers, Oh My! - Matth... » | Yes, we have no bananas! - Matthew 21 » | Childlike = Humility = Greatness - Matthew 18 » 

« Home | "Farceful" Worship? - Mark 7 » | Soil Test - Mark 4 » | Discipleship & Deliverance - Mark 3 » | The Sabbath - Mark 2 » | Introduction - Mark 1 » | Counterfeit Truth - Matthew 28 » | Be Ready - Matthew 25 » | Hypocrites, Snakes, Sons of Vipers, Oh My! - Matth... » | Yes, we have no bananas! - Matthew 21 » | Childlike = Humility = Greatness - Matthew 18 »

Yeast in my bread! - Mark 8


As I've mentioned before, I'm encouraged when I read about who Jesus picked to be His closest friends, the disciples. Jesus could have picked Biblical scholars and religious leaders and upstanding pilars in the community, real leaders that would easily be able to pull a large crowd because of their reputation and fame. Instead, He chose a ragtag team of ordinary, sometimes dim-witted but willing followers...kinda like you and me...all very real and very needy (or should I say willing to admit it).

In this chapter, it really hit me how I continue to allow too much yeast in my bread. Over and over, I seem to doubt God in spite of all that He's brought me through. Look what Jesus says to His peeps:

15 As they were crossing the lake, Jesus warned them, "Beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and of Herod." 16 They decided he was saying this because they hadn't brought any bread. 17 Jesus knew what they were thinking, so he said, "Why are you so worried about having no food? Won't you ever learn or understand? Are your hearts too hard to take it in? 18 'You have eyes – can't you see? You have ears – can't you hear?' Don't you remember anything at all? 19 What about the five thousand men I fed with five loaves of bread? How many baskets of leftovers did you pick up afterward?" "Twelve," they said. 20 "And when I fed the four thousand with seven loaves, how many large baskets of leftovers did you pick up?" "Seven," they said. 21 "Don't you understand even yet?" he asked them.

It's not that complicated: God will meet my every need. But I continue to fret and get anxious about those difficult situations in my life (finances, relationships, etc.). The problem is not that I forgot to bring bread along, it's because I worry. I can get wrapped around the axle in the blink of an eye. Like a little yeast in a batch of dough, my worry quickly spreads causing (in my mind) the problem to expand.

The bottom line that I have to stand on is that God will meet my every need.

But, I'll fail!
God will meet my every need.
But, others will fail me!
God will meet my every need.
But, the money is running out!
God will meey my every need.

Thank You, God!

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP