« Home | The Unholy Trinity - Revelation 13 » | The Christmas Dragon? - Revelation 12 » | Measure This - Revelation 11 » | A "Must See" Feel Good Video » | The Angel - Revelation 10 » | First Trumpet - Revelation 9 » | Prayer & Incense - Revelation 8 » | Refreshment for the weary! - Revelation 7 » | "Who Would Jesus Bomb?" - Revelation 6 » | Choirs of Angels! - Revelation 5 » 

« Home | The Unholy Trinity - Revelation 13 » | The Christmas Dragon? - Revelation 12 » | Measure This - Revelation 11 » | A "Must See" Feel Good Video » | The Angel - Revelation 10 » | First Trumpet - Revelation 9 » | Prayer & Incense - Revelation 8 » | Refreshment for the weary! - Revelation 7 » | "Who Would Jesus Bomb?" - Revelation 6 » | Choirs of Angels! - Revelation 5 »

A Wonderful New Song - Revelation 14


As you may have guessed, I'm intrigued by the sounds and songs described in this chapter:

2 And I heard a sound from heaven like the roaring of a great waterfall or the rolling of mighty thunder. It was like the sound of many harpists playing together. 3 This great choir sang a wonderful new song in front of the throne of God and before the four living beings and the twenty-four elders. And no one could learn this song except those 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.

I prayed for years for God to show me a brief glimpse of what music is like in heaven. I have two songs that I know God gave to me. These two songs were given to help me through difficult times. They came so easily. I sat down at the piano and within 15 minutes or so - boom - I had a song - and a good one. All my other songs came in phases, or I had to really work at to make they rhyme or make sense at all. Often, I'd have to come back in and redo sections or move things around until I felt better about them. And, there are dozens of songs in various stages of completeness in my folders and notebooks - still unready for disclosure to anyone else but my schnauzer.

I know that much of what we're reading in Revelation is symbolic. But I'm trying to imagine a sound that is described mighty as a waterfall or thunder, and at the same time like many harpists playing together. I'm going to have to crank up my synthesizers and play around with this combination!

A wonderful new song in front of the throne of God. I'm drinking that in. A song no one could learn but the spiritually undefiled, the blameless 144,000. Who do these 144,000 represent? Where do we fit in? Are we in this choir? Are we part of this number? Is it a symbolic number or an actual 12,000 representatives from each of the 12 tribes.

There are several explanations. Men much smarter than me have debated this for decades. Of course I want to know more about where I fit in and if all these things happened in the past or are yet to come. Of course I want to know what's to become of me.

But, today I'm content with knowing who I am in Jesus Christ. I'm praying for wisdom and these chapters. Until that comes, I know God has called me and will bless and protect me as I seek Him for answers. I will continue to praise Him with the songs He has given me.

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP