« Home | First Trumpet - Revelation 9 » | Prayer & Incense - Revelation 8 » | Refreshment for the weary! - Revelation 7 » | "Who Would Jesus Bomb?" - Revelation 6 » | Choirs of Angels! - Revelation 5 » | Power and Order! - Revelation 4 » | Revelation 3 » | "The Nicolaitans?" - Revelation 2 » | Revelation 1 » | Tomorrow we start reading Revelation! » 

« Home | First Trumpet - Revelation 9 » | Prayer & Incense - Revelation 8 » | Refreshment for the weary! - Revelation 7 » | "Who Would Jesus Bomb?" - Revelation 6 » | Choirs of Angels! - Revelation 5 » | Power and Order! - Revelation 4 » | Revelation 3 » | "The Nicolaitans?" - Revelation 2 » | Revelation 1 » | Tomorrow we start reading Revelation! »

The Angel - Revelation 10


I don't know about you, but I am enjoying the descriptions of these amazing creatures in Revelation. I know these are not literal in some cases, but in my mind (admitedly tainted by years of exposure to J.R.R. Tolkein, George Lucas, and the like) these pages come alive. I don't claim to understand everything I'm reading, but how spectacular are the descriptions! I guess I wouldn't be quite as impressed if I was worried about whether or not I'm wearing the seal of God.

Anyway, the image of the might angel in this chapter captivated me:

1 Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven, surrounded by a cloud, with a rainbow over his head. His face shone like the sun, and his feet were like pillars of fire.

3 And he gave a great shout, like the roar of a lion. And when he shouted, the seven thunders answered.

This huge angel is so impressive. I'm so glad to know he's on my side!

The other thing I notice in this chapter is the anticipation. Of course, I read ahead, but look how it builds in chapter 10:

6 And he swore an oath in the name of the one who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and everything in it, the earth and everything in it, and the sea and everything in it. He said, "God will wait no longer. 7 But when the seventh angel blows his trumpet, God's mysterious plan will be fulfilled. It will happen just as he announced it to his servants the prophets."

Finally! After all this time - God's plan is about to be fulfilled. All evil will be expelled and hope and peace are about to be poured out. God's enemies are filled with fear, but those whom He's called, who have been waiting for His return - are about to party in the streets.

I SO long for that day.

Lord, come quickly.

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP