« Home | Tomorrow we start reading Revelation! » | Famous last words - Mark 16 » | "Never!" - Mark 15 » | What a night - Mark 14 » | "Just say what God tells you to." - Mark 13 » | Forgive - Mark 11 » | Concerning Divorce - Mark 10 » | "...only by prayer & fasting" - Mark 9 » | Yeast in my bread! - Mark 8 » | "Farceful" Worship? - Mark 7 » 

« Home | Tomorrow we start reading Revelation! » | Famous last words - Mark 16 » | "Never!" - Mark 15 » | What a night - Mark 14 » | "Just say what God tells you to." - Mark 13 » | Forgive - Mark 11 » | Concerning Divorce - Mark 10 » | "...only by prayer & fasting" - Mark 9 » | Yeast in my bread! - Mark 8 » | "Farceful" Worship? - Mark 7 »

Revelation 1


Awesome!

The first thing that struck me was how John was able to receive such a vision:

10 It was the Lord's Day, and I was worshiping in the Spirit. Suddenly, I heard a loud voice behind me, a voice that sounded like a trumpet blast. 11 It said, "Write down what you see, and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."

Do you see it? He was worshiping in the Spirit! This tells me two important things: 1) there is a difference between worship and worshiping in the Spirit and 2) amazing things happen when we make the effort to worship in the Spirit. John received the inspiration to write this powerful book because he made himself available.

Have you been asking to hear from God? Have you ever felt like He wasn't answering you? Me too! The encouragement here for me is to make time in my busy schedule for real intimacy with God in worship.

The other thing that got me excited was the description of Jesus at the end of the chapter:

13 And standing in the middle of the lampstands was the Son of Man. He was wearing a long robe with a gold sash across his chest. 14 His head and his hair were white like wool, as white as snow. And his eyes were bright like flames of fire. 15 His feet were as bright as bronze refined in a furnace, and his voice thundered like mighty ocean waves. 16 He held seven stars in his right hand, and a sharp two-edged sword came from his mouth. And his face was as bright as the sun in all its brilliance. 17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. But he laid his right hand on me and said, "Don't be afraid! I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the living one who died. Look, I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave."

If that doesn't get you going this morning, you might want to check your pulse! I immediately thought back on how He came to earth the first time: the dirty manger, as a helpless Child, facing doubt, disbelief and disdain His entire life, rejection and abandonment by the people closest to Him, the horrible death upon the cross. Now, look at Him! There will be no doubt this time. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Him as King!

Rejoice,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP