« Home | "Who Would Jesus Bomb?" - Revelation 6 » | Choirs of Angels! - Revelation 5 » | Power and Order! - Revelation 4 » | Revelation 3 » | "The Nicolaitans?" - Revelation 2 » | Revelation 1 » | Tomorrow we start reading Revelation! » | Famous last words - Mark 16 » | "Never!" - Mark 15 » | What a night - Mark 14 » 

« Home | "Who Would Jesus Bomb?" - Revelation 6 » | Choirs of Angels! - Revelation 5 » | Power and Order! - Revelation 4 » | Revelation 3 » | "The Nicolaitans?" - Revelation 2 » | Revelation 1 » | Tomorrow we start reading Revelation! » | Famous last words - Mark 16 » | "Never!" - Mark 15 » | What a night - Mark 14 »

Refreshment for the weary! - Revelation 7


I got a little bogged down with the whole 144,000 issue and still need to study that some more. For some reason, I'm drawn to know more.

What I did appreciate from this chapter was found in verses 13 - 17:

13 Then one of the twenty-four elders asked me, "Who are these who are clothed in white? Where do they come from?" 14 And I said to him, "Sir, you are the one who knows."Then he said to me, "These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb and made them white. 15 That is why they are standing in front of the throne of God, serving him day and night in his Temple. And he who sits on the throne will live among them and shelter them. 16 They will never again be hungry or thirsty, and they will be fully protected from the scorching noontime heat. 17 For the Lamb who stands in front of the throne will be their Shepherd. He will lead them to the springs of life-giving water. And God will wipe away all their tears."

First, I notice how John is quick to NOT answer the question. It's like this with God. When He asks us a question, it's not because He doesn't know the answer. It's because we really don't know. I've found that it's best to respond like John.

The response has stuck with me since I read it yesterday. The visual of them washing their robes in the blood of the Lamb which made them white is a powerful lingering image. They had gone through the great tribulation, but are entering into their reward: no more hunger, thirst, danger, tears. From the desert to the springs of life-giving water. This is a heaven I can relate to.

No matter what, guys, God WILL see us through and the reward is going to be so unbelieveably amazing! We will all need each other to make it. I'm honored to have you guys in my life.

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP