« Home | "The Nicolaitans?" - Revelation 2 » | Revelation 1 » | Tomorrow we start reading Revelation! » | Famous last words - Mark 16 » | "Never!" - Mark 15 » | What a night - Mark 14 » | "Just say what God tells you to." - Mark 13 » | Forgive - Mark 11 » | Concerning Divorce - Mark 10 » | "...only by prayer & fasting" - Mark 9 » 

« Home | "The Nicolaitans?" - Revelation 2 » | Revelation 1 » | Tomorrow we start reading Revelation! » | Famous last words - Mark 16 » | "Never!" - Mark 15 » | What a night - Mark 14 » | "Just say what God tells you to." - Mark 13 » | Forgive - Mark 11 » | Concerning Divorce - Mark 10 » | "...only by prayer & fasting" - Mark 9 »

Revelation 3

This chapter continues with Jesus' instructions to the 7 churches, with letters to the church at Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.

To the church at Sardis: You are dead. Wake up and strengthen what remains. Go back to what you heard and first believed; hold to it firmly and turn to me again.

To the church at Philadelphia: Persevere! You have little strength, but hold on to what you have and I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world.

To the church at Laodicea: You are lukewarm and I will spew you out of my mouth! You say you are rich, but you are wretched and miserable and poor, blind and naked. Buy gold from me that has been refined by fire, then you will be rich.

In reading all 7 letters, I feel a sense of urgency: It's time to wake up and return to God! I see the same kinds of things happening in our churches today, and I feel the same urgency from these letters to all of us. One of my fellow dBraggers posed the question: what would the letter to our church today say? What would Jesus' letter to you say?

Lord, I'm listening!

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP