« Home | Planted by the Water - Psalms 1 & 2 » | The Legacy (or The Stone With Ears) - Joshua 24 » | What's Next? » | Separation Anxiety - Joshua 22 » | Ths Promise Fulfilled - Joshua 21 » | Take the Land - Joshua 18 » | Just Ask! - Joshua 17 » | Lack of Follow Through - Joshua 16 » | Kissin' Cousins - Joshua 15 » | The Cost of Disobedience - Joshua 7 » 

« Home | Planted by the Water - Psalms 1 & 2 » | The Legacy (or The Stone With Ears) - Joshua 24 » | What's Next? » | Separation Anxiety - Joshua 22 » | Ths Promise Fulfilled - Joshua 21 » | Take the Land - Joshua 18 » | Just Ask! - Joshua 17 » | Lack of Follow Through - Joshua 16 » | Kissin' Cousins - Joshua 15 » | The Cost of Disobedience - Joshua 7 »

Peace & Joy - Psalms 3 & 4

I apprecaite the psalms of David. Somehow they speak to me and give me deep reassurance and comfort.

Psalms 3 is a beautiful prayer from David, written when he was fleeing from his own son, Absalom:

1 O Lord, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! 2 Many are saying of me, "God will not deliver him." Selah 3 But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.

4 To the Lord I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill. Selah 5 I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. 6 I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side. 7 Arise, O Lord! Deliver me, O my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked. 8 From the Lord comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people. Selah

Somehow I appreciate the passion and honesty of this Psalm. I appreciate the reassurance of the Lord's protection.

Psalms 4 reminds me about letting anger get out of control:

4 Don't sin by letting anger gain control over you. Think about it overnight and remain silent. Interlude 5 Offer proper sacrifices, and trust in the LORD.

Psalms 4 also reminds me that joy is something beyond my circumstances:

7 You have given me greater joy than those who have abundant harvests of grain and wine. 8 I will lie down in peace and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe.

It may not look like what I think joy should look like, but trusting God allows me to lie down in peace and sleep well - because He has my back.

peace,
e


About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP