« Home | He IS in control - John 7 » | Where Else Would I Go? - John 6 » | God IS love - John 5 » | New Wine - Luke 5 » | True Worship - John 4 » | In the Beginning...John 1 » | It's Really NOT About Me! - Luke 24 » | Jesus Changes Everything - Luke 23 » 

« Home | He IS in control - John 7 » | Where Else Would I Go? - John 6 » | God IS love - John 5 » | New Wine - Luke 5 » | True Worship - John 4 » | In the Beginning...John 1 » | It's Really NOT About Me! - Luke 24 » | Jesus Changes Everything - Luke 23 »

Guilty Because You Claim You Can See - John 9


Wow - I got so excited when I read this chapter. What a great example of Jesus' power and authority.

First, a question. Do you get the feeling that Jesus intentionally healed people on the Sabbath to irritate the religious leaders? Or, do you think we just are not hearing about all the other examples of Jesus' healing on a daily basis?

I love verses 39-41. Jesus heard what had happened to the blind man - he got thrown out of the synagogue because he told the truth about what Jesus did - and he got a bit snippy (which I loved). The blind man just got done confessing to Jesus that he believed!

39 Then Jesus told him, "I have come to judge the world. I have come to give sight to the blind and to show those who think they see that they are blind." 40 The Pharisees who were standing there heard him and asked, "Are you saying we are blind?" 41 "If you were blind, you wouldn't be guilty," Jesus replied. "But you remain guilty because you claim you can see.

Look at it again: If you were blind, you wouldn't be guilty, but you remain guilty because you claim you can see.

Pride & humility. Some of the religious leaders believed Jesus was the Messiah - but we hear much about those who were too proud and too comfortable in their "religiosity" to accept the fact. Their eyes were blind because their hearts were hard and their minds were closed.

Lord, keep my heart soft and my mind open to what You are doing. I confess that You are God and You are holy. There is nothing You cannot do. Thank You for the sight You have given me. Continue to show me Your ways. -amen

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP