« Home | The Big Picture - Matthew 16 » | "The Bait" - Matthew 15 » | FREE Lunch! - Matthew 14 » | Wheat & Tares - Matthew 13 » | We've Got The Power! - Matthew 8 » | "Layahs" - Matthew 7 » | Willing Men-Fishers - Matthew 4 » | True Wildman! - Matthew 3 » | Wise Guys - Matthew 2 » | God With Us! - Matthew 1 » 

« Home | The Big Picture - Matthew 16 » | "The Bait" - Matthew 15 » | FREE Lunch! - Matthew 14 » | Wheat & Tares - Matthew 13 » | We've Got The Power! - Matthew 8 » | "Layahs" - Matthew 7 » | Willing Men-Fishers - Matthew 4 » | True Wildman! - Matthew 3 » | Wise Guys - Matthew 2 » | God With Us! - Matthew 1 »

"Listen to Him" - Matthew 17


This one of the funniest moments in the show, "The Rock & the Rabbi." It really made it clear to me how things played out that day on the mountain when Moses & Elijah appeared with Jesus. Typically, the audience is in hysterics at this point because Gary Richardson, playing the part of Peter, does such a good job drawing in the audience and making you feel like you're really there.

Peter: "Suddenly, there was Moses & Elijah. I didn't know what to say. What do you say in the face of a miracle like this? I had nothing to say. ......so I said something"

Peter: "wow...er...Lord, it's a good thing I'm here...I can...um...I could...build a shelter...for the three of you...um...to keep the weather off......like that......with the thing."

Peter is my hero and I can't wait to talk with him on the "back porch." I can relate. You see, Peter, having seen the glory of God on Moses, Elijah & Jesus, is speechless (like me, not a common symptom for Peter). God was trying to make a point - to show His glory to these men like they've never seen it before. In his typical fashion, Peter speaks before he thinks and blurts out:

4 Peter blurted out, "Lord, this is wonderful! If you want me to, I'll make three shrines, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah."

God quickly, even before Peter could finish, sent a bright cloud and said, "This is my beloved Son, and I am fully pleased with him. Listen to him." (verse 5).

The three didn't need shelters or shrines. God didn't need Peter's help or commentary. God just wanted Peter to listen to His Son.

That speaks to me. How about you? When you pray - do you (like I usually do) complain and whine and then run off? Or, do you listen as you pray? Have you ever tried to turn off your radio and ask God to speak to you and then...just listen? Isn't there a time you could carve out of your day to just sit and listen? This used to be an important part of my day...funny how things change.

Thank You, Lord, for this reminder.

Peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP