« Home | Willing Men-Fishers - Matthew 4 » | True Wildman! - Matthew 3 » | Wise Guys - Matthew 2 » | God With Us! - Matthew 1 » | Worms Among Us! - Jude » | ...a world where everyone is right with God. - 2 P... » | Glorious Ones! - 2 Peter 2 » | Trust His Promises - 2 Peter 1 » | The Flock & The Lion - 1 Peter 5 » | Follow in His Steps - I Peter 2 » 

« Home | Willing Men-Fishers - Matthew 4 » | True Wildman! - Matthew 3 » | Wise Guys - Matthew 2 » | God With Us! - Matthew 1 » | Worms Among Us! - Jude » | ...a world where everyone is right with God. - 2 P... » | Glorious Ones! - 2 Peter 2 » | Trust His Promises - 2 Peter 1 » | The Flock & The Lion - 1 Peter 5 » | Follow in His Steps - I Peter 2 »

"Layahs" - Matthew 7


I believe there is some powerful teaching in this chapter, and in this case, I believe the enemy would do everything he can to have us doubt what we read here. I know that's the case for me.

7 "Keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for. Keep on looking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened. 8 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And the door is opened to everyone who knocks.

In the hands of a faithful believer, this promise has infinite, unlimited power.

Do you believe it? I say I do, but I really had to examine my heart this morning as I read this. Looking at these verses I have to sort through layers of legalism and doubt to come to my faith in this matter. I felt like Shrek when he was trying to explain to Donkey about layers - I see my experience with the "name it/claim it" people, my doubt of my own feelings, my doubt of my self-worth, my own my experience with non-answered prayers before, and there are even some layers I can't identify yet. No wonder some of my prayers are never answered. Yet - if I could just "muster" up enough faith, huge mountains could be thrown into the sea.

Want another power verse? Look at verse 12:

12 "Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This is a summary of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.

This is a summary of ALL that is taught in the law and the prophets? Wow - can you get a grasp on the potential of this promise? I wish I was there, but again the layers have built up over the promise. Pride, my failures, my fears, my childhood, my insecurities - even the way my gifts work in me have to be peeled back before I can truly do for someone what I would like them to do for me.

But, when we are obedient and can experience the power of these verses, God is glorified!

Lord, thank You again for Your awesome Word. Thank You for the life it brings by reading and discussing it. Help me - help all of us in these dBrags work through our faith in Your promises. Help us peel back all the layers of junk and get to Your promises. Increase our faith through the reading of Your Word as You have promised. I lay this down at Your feet, my King. Use me...

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP