« Home | Glorious Ones! - 2 Peter 2 » | Trust His Promises - 2 Peter 1 » | The Flock & The Lion - 1 Peter 5 » | Follow in His Steps - I Peter 2 » | Joy! - I Peter 1 » | The Cost - John 21 » | I Believe! - John 20 » | Exactly As It Is - John 19 » | Denied! - John 18 » | Overcomer - John 16 » 

« Home | Glorious Ones! - 2 Peter 2 » | Trust His Promises - 2 Peter 1 » | The Flock & The Lion - 1 Peter 5 » | Follow in His Steps - I Peter 2 » | Joy! - I Peter 1 » | The Cost - John 21 » | I Believe! - John 20 » | Exactly As It Is - John 19 » | Denied! - John 18 » | Overcomer - John 16 »

...a world where everyone is right with God. - 2 Peter 3


I drank that in for a few moments...a world where everyone is right with God.

Can you even imagine that? I've heard people describe all the splendor of heaven - the streets of gold so pure you can see through it - a beautiful pearl for gates - colors I have never seen - mansions - but I have a difficult time relating to all that. I know it will be spectacular and breathtaking.

Heaven for me is a place with no more good bye, no more pain, no more tears. These things I can relate to - and long for with everything I have.
We can have abundant life here on earth, but this world is not right with God. So, we have difficult times.

Peter's encouragement to me in this chapter was in verses 11 - 14:

11
Since everything around us is going to melt away, what holy, godly lives you should be living! 12 You should look forward to that day and hurry it along – the day when God will set the heavens on fire and the elements will melt away in the flames. 13 But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world where everyone is right with God. 14 And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to live a pure and blameless life. And be at peace with God.

Are you at peace with God?

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP