« Home | Joy! - I Peter 1 » | The Cost - John 21 » | I Believe! - John 20 » | Exactly As It Is - John 19 » | Denied! - John 18 » | Overcomer - John 16 » | Guilty Because You Claim You Can See - John 9 » | He IS in control - John 7 » | Where Else Would I Go? - John 6 » | God IS love - John 5 » 

« Home | Joy! - I Peter 1 » | The Cost - John 21 » | I Believe! - John 20 » | Exactly As It Is - John 19 » | Denied! - John 18 » | Overcomer - John 16 » | Guilty Because You Claim You Can See - John 9 » | He IS in control - John 7 » | Where Else Would I Go? - John 6 » | God IS love - John 5 »

Follow in His Steps - I Peter 2


Wow (again). I wish I would have read I Peter 1 yesterday because these 2 chapters together is almost too much to handle! Isn't it amazing how reading God's Word give you what you need - when you need it?!

Today, I'd like to start at the end of the chapter (skipping over my thoughts on tons of great stuff in this chapter). Look at verse 21:

21 This suffering is all part of what God has called you to. Christ, who suffered for you, is your example. Follow in his steps.

Follow in His steps:

22 He never sinned, and he never deceived anyone. 23 He did not retaliate when he was insulted. When he suffered, he did not threaten to get even. He left his case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly.

As I read this morning, I may have realized something about myself. I think I can attribute much of my "suffering" (though nothing compared to what Christ had to go through) to my inability (refusal?) to not let it bother me. I mean, sometimes I think I may in some wierd way enjoy the "attention" of my discomfort. No, I do not enjoy what is happening to me. I do not enjoy the anger or the disappointment. I wish it would all go away. I don't enjoy feeling rejected or unloved or not good enough. I wish I could somehow turn all that around.

But, I am called to be like Christ. I think I must post these two verses (22, 23) everywhere I go: at work, at home, in the car, on my cell phone.

Jesus, help me to be like You - to follow in Your steps.

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP