« Home | Worms Among Us! - Jude » | ...a world where everyone is right with God. - 2 P... » | Glorious Ones! - 2 Peter 2 » | Trust His Promises - 2 Peter 1 » | The Flock & The Lion - 1 Peter 5 » | Follow in His Steps - I Peter 2 » | Joy! - I Peter 1 » | The Cost - John 21 » | I Believe! - John 20 » | Exactly As It Is - John 19 » 

« Home | Worms Among Us! - Jude » | ...a world where everyone is right with God. - 2 P... » | Glorious Ones! - 2 Peter 2 » | Trust His Promises - 2 Peter 1 » | The Flock & The Lion - 1 Peter 5 » | Follow in His Steps - I Peter 2 » | Joy! - I Peter 1 » | The Cost - John 21 » | I Believe! - John 20 » | Exactly As It Is - John 19 »

God With Us! - Matthew 1


And there it is - the pivotal point in history when grace and mercy entered the scene on our behalf. What more important event in the history of the earth than the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ?

I try to imagine what Joseph was going through. Yes, it took a certain kind of man to return to Mary, who "claims" she was impregnated by the spirit of God. Like some of you, I have an enhanced "what if" generator, too. I wonder how it all would have turned out if Joseph was having a particularly bad week and decided that he really didn't want to believe Mary. What if he decided that the humility and shame that was sure to follow if he were to go ahead and marry Mary was too much to ask? What if he ran away and never looked back?

Well - then I wonder if he had much choice in the matter. A) God is all knowing and He probably wouldn't have chosen Joseph "the timid" and B) Joseph did have a certain heavenly visitor who told him how it was going to play out and to not be afraid.

If you know me, you're probably guessing where I'm going (again). Do the words, "It's not about me" sound familiar?
God has a plan. He had to send His one and only Son to rescue mankind. Was anyone going to stop it? The "duh-ciples" tried many times, but even they, in their familiar bungling manner (that I can relate to so much), could not stop Jesus' divine appointment on the cross.

He also has a plan for you and me. We have free will, true enough. But, if we are seeking Him - even though we continue to fall down - He will complete in us what He began.

Thank You, Lord!

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP