« Home | A Wonderful New Song - Revelation 14 » | The Unholy Trinity - Revelation 13 » | The Christmas Dragon? - Revelation 12 » | Measure This - Revelation 11 » | A "Must See" Feel Good Video » | The Angel - Revelation 10 » | First Trumpet - Revelation 9 » | Prayer & Incense - Revelation 8 » | Refreshment for the weary! - Revelation 7 » | "Who Would Jesus Bomb?" - Revelation 6 » 

« Home | A Wonderful New Song - Revelation 14 » | The Unholy Trinity - Revelation 13 » | The Christmas Dragon? - Revelation 12 » | Measure This - Revelation 11 » | A "Must See" Feel Good Video » | The Angel - Revelation 10 » | First Trumpet - Revelation 9 » | Prayer & Incense - Revelation 8 » | Refreshment for the weary! - Revelation 7 » | "Who Would Jesus Bomb?" - Revelation 6 »

"Crystal Sea Mixed With Fire" - Revelation 15


How's everyone holding in there so far in Revelation? I've been getting some very interesting emails and thoughts. It has been a challenge, but just reading through the book has given me a valuable perspective on things - and a strong desire to study more!

In this chapter, I noticed the glassy sea with fire. I remember reading somewhere that fire is always associated with judgement - which makes sense because the seven final judgements are about to be released upon the beast and all his followers.

As for the glassy sea, when I hear that phrase, I think of my first trip to Tampa and my first car ride over the Howard Frankland bridge over Tampa Bay. It was in the Spring and the sky was blue with no clouds, the air was still and the water on one side of the bridge was so smooth it looked like glass. The other side was a bit choppy and I remember how that made me wonder. When I read about the glassy sea around the throne in this chapter, I think of the peace of God and how things are under His control. Glassy sea mixed with fire - Peace and power mixed with judgement.

Even though what we're reading is difficult and full of mystery, it's good to know that our God is in control. Meekness was once defined as power under control. I like that definition. Our God is not surprised by what's going on in the world today. He is not surprised when we screw up over and over. He is not surprised by our enemy. One day even satan's knee will bow and all those who have been our enemies will be judged.

Oh what a day that will be!

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP