« Home | Smoke & Mirrors - Exodus 7 » | If Not You Then Who? - Exodus 5 » | So he turned & ran away - Exodus 3 & 4 » | Prince of Egypt - Exodus 2 » | God's Promises - Exodus 1 » | Fellow Servant? - Revelation 22 » | post-Revelationialism - What's Next? » | No More Sorrows - Revelation 21 » | Book or Books? - Revelation 20 » | Preperation Celebration - Revelation 19 » 

« Home | Smoke & Mirrors - Exodus 7 » | If Not You Then Who? - Exodus 5 » | So he turned & ran away - Exodus 3 & 4 » | Prince of Egypt - Exodus 2 » | God's Promises - Exodus 1 » | Fellow Servant? - Revelation 22 » | post-Revelationialism - What's Next? » | No More Sorrows - Revelation 21 » | Book or Books? - Revelation 20 » | Preperation Celebration - Revelation 19 »

Supernatural "Mind Control"? - Exodus 11


I continue to struggle, like many of you who have sent emails, about how God hardened the heart of Pharaoh so that he would not let the children if Israel go. We see it in this chapter as well:

11:10 Although Moses and Aaron did these miracles in Pharaoh's presence, the LORD hardened his heart so he wouldn't let the Israelites leave the country.

In chapter 7, we see another Godly "mind-control":

7:1 Then the LORD said to Moses, "Pay close attention to this. I will make you seem like God to Pharaoh.

Now, look in the first part of chapter 11 for a supernatural influence of a different flavor:

11:2 Tell all the Israelite men and women to ask their Egyptian neighbors for articles of silver and gold." 3 (Now the LORD had caused the Egyptians to look favorably on the people of Israel, and Moses was considered a very great man in the land of Egypt. He was respected by Pharaoh's officials and the Egyptian people alike.)

God caused the children of Israel's neighbors to favor them with riches.

I wish I could make all this make sense, but the truth is God's ways are higher than ours. I have no idea why He couldn't just cause Pharaoh yield the first time Moses went in. Why did countless horrible plagues have to occur? Why did many people have to suffer and die? I do know that I trust God. There will always be things I cannot fathom concerning the ways of Almighty God.

Perhaps it has something to do with reward. What do I mean?

Well, we see in this case how the children of Israel (through their own selfishness and sinfulness) were held in bondage for many years. The suffering and torture were tremendous. But God heard their call and not only rescued them from bondage, but gave them all the livestock, food, and riches they could carry with them. I don't pretend to know the heart of God, but I do know this: He does not waste suffering and He will reward His own.

For me, when I read stories like this or about Job, I am content with the simple fact that I will never completely understand His ways until I'm with Him...and even then I have a feeling the learning process will continue!

Lord, increase my faith in You. You promise answers for those who seek wisdom. You promise reward for those who trust You. I declare my trust in You today, Lord.

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP