« Home | Preperation Celebration - Revelation 19 » | Fall of Babylon? - Revelation 18 » | God is in Control! - Revelation 17 » | In My Bowl This Morning - Revelation 16 » | "Crystal Sea Mixed With Fire" - Revelation 15 » | A Wonderful New Song - Revelation 14 » | The Unholy Trinity - Revelation 13 » | The Christmas Dragon? - Revelation 12 » | Measure This - Revelation 11 » | A "Must See" Feel Good Video » 

« Home | Preperation Celebration - Revelation 19 » | Fall of Babylon? - Revelation 18 » | God is in Control! - Revelation 17 » | In My Bowl This Morning - Revelation 16 » | "Crystal Sea Mixed With Fire" - Revelation 15 » | A Wonderful New Song - Revelation 14 » | The Unholy Trinity - Revelation 13 » | The Christmas Dragon? - Revelation 12 » | Measure This - Revelation 11 » | A "Must See" Feel Good Video »

Book or Books? - Revelation 20


Hmmm. Well, this thousands years (the millenium) has me puzzled with my forming timeline understanding. I certainly can't identify a time period that has already gone by when there was no satan. So, I guess that's where my "partial" preterest descriptor kicks in.

No matter - when this occurs, just imagine what life will be like. No tempter, no accuser, no lion roaming about looking to kill us, steal from us or destroy us. When I read the account of him coming back out of the pit and assembling his army, more numerous than the sand on the shore, I couldn't help think of the LOTR films. They are destroyed by consuming fire from heaven and at once wiped out completely and for good.

The other thing that caught my attention was in the last part of this chapter:

12 I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God's throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to the things written in the books, according to what they had done. 13 The sea gave up the dead in it, and death and the grave gave up the dead in them. They were all judged according to their deeds. 14 And death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death – the lake of fire. 15 And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

I remember hearing a sermon about "The Book or Books". Where is your name written? Everyone's deeds are recorded in the "books" but only those whose name is recorded in "The Book" will be spared from the eternal lake of fire.

When I think about this message, my heart rate quickens. We've got so much work to do. There are so many who think they're going to be okay when they die because of the "good life" they lead. They're in for a big surprise. We need to somehow make sure they know the truth.

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP