« Home | God is in Control! - Revelation 17 » | In My Bowl This Morning - Revelation 16 » | "Crystal Sea Mixed With Fire" - Revelation 15 » | A Wonderful New Song - Revelation 14 » | The Unholy Trinity - Revelation 13 » | The Christmas Dragon? - Revelation 12 » | Measure This - Revelation 11 » | A "Must See" Feel Good Video » | The Angel - Revelation 10 » | First Trumpet - Revelation 9 » 

« Home | God is in Control! - Revelation 17 » | In My Bowl This Morning - Revelation 16 » | "Crystal Sea Mixed With Fire" - Revelation 15 » | A Wonderful New Song - Revelation 14 » | The Unholy Trinity - Revelation 13 » | The Christmas Dragon? - Revelation 12 » | Measure This - Revelation 11 » | A "Must See" Feel Good Video » | The Angel - Revelation 10 » | First Trumpet - Revelation 9 »

Fall of Babylon? - Revelation 18


Is it just me? Or, do you also get a familiar feeling when you read this chapter? When I read the descriptions of her (Babylon), I couldn't help thinking about our world today and how people have turned away from God to pursue their own pleasures and greed. Blatently and out in the open our morals are being chipped away at and even governments support horrible acts of murder and imorality.

Again, I can't dicipher the timeline in this book. Just when I think I have a theory, the next chapter sends me off spinning in some other direction. But, this great prostitute, who represents Babylon, certainly bears great resemblance to today's situation in the world.

As with anyone who rejects God and pursues their own pleasure, she will be judged for her evil deeds:

6 Do to her as she has done to your people. Give her a double penalty for all her evil deeds. She brewed a cup of terror for others, so give her twice as much as she gave out. 7 She has lived in luxury and pleasure, so match it now with torments and sorrows. She boasts, 'I am queen on my throne. I am no helpless widow. I will not experience sorrow.' 8 Therefore, the sorrows of death and mourning and famine will overtake her in a single day. She will be utterly consumed by fire, for the Lord God who judges her is mighty.

The encouragement from this chapter to me is in verse 4:

4 Then I heard another voice calling from heaven, "Come away from her, my people. Do not take part in her sins, or you will be punished with her."

Stand strong!

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP