« Home | Happy Father's Day - Psalms 5,6 » | Peace & Joy - Psalms 3 & 4 » | Planted by the Water - Psalms 1 & 2 » | The Legacy (or The Stone With Ears) - Joshua 24 » | What's Next? » | Separation Anxiety - Joshua 22 » | Ths Promise Fulfilled - Joshua 21 » | Take the Land - Joshua 18 » | Just Ask! - Joshua 17 » | Lack of Follow Through - Joshua 16 » 

« Home | Happy Father's Day - Psalms 5,6 » | Peace & Joy - Psalms 3 & 4 » | Planted by the Water - Psalms 1 & 2 » | The Legacy (or The Stone With Ears) - Joshua 24 » | What's Next? » | Separation Anxiety - Joshua 22 » | Ths Promise Fulfilled - Joshua 21 » | Take the Land - Joshua 18 » | Just Ask! - Joshua 17 » | Lack of Follow Through - Joshua 16 »

God is Worthy! - Psalms 7 & 8

Psalms 7
When faced with his persecutors David sang songs to God. This Psalm seems to implicate Saul and David is singing out for God to rescue him. He asks God to reveal any injustice he may have done to be persecuted like this. He knows he is innocent and passionately cries out for His help:

6 Arise, O LORD, in anger! Stand up against the fury of my enemies! Wake up, my God, and bring justice! 7 Gather the nations before you. Sit on your throne high above them. 8 The LORD passes judgment on the nations. Declare me righteous, O LORD, for I am innocent, O Most High! 9 End the wickedness of the ungodly, but help all those who obey you. For you look deep within the mind and heart, O righteous God.

David ends the song with praise, acknowledgement and thanksgiving.

I am reminded of a song from MercyMe called "Keep Singing" that reminds me that no matter how bad it seems, God is worthy to be praised:

Another rainy day
I can't recall having sunshine on my face
All I feel is pain
All I wanna do is walk out of this place
But when I am stuck and I can't move
When I don't know what I should do
When I wonder if I'll ever make it through

I gotta keep singing
I gotta keep praising Your name
Your the one that's keeping my heart beating
I gotta keep singing
I gotta keep praising Your name
That's the only way that I'll find healing

Can I climb up in Your lap
I don't wanna leave
Jesus sing over me
I gotta keep singing

Can I climb up in Your lap
I don't wanna leave
Jesus sing over me
I gotta keep singing

Oh You're everything I need
And I gotta keep singing

That's where the real power of praise is. If we can praise God through our trials, we will discover a new, deeper level of intimacy with God. When we demonstrate our faith in Him by trusting Him and praising Him and thanking Him through the difficulties, we release new levels of blessing in our lives.

Psalms 8
This Psalm is a song of admiration of the glory and greatness of God Almighty. Have you ever stopped to think how amazing our world is? I remember feeling so small once on a flight to Los Angeles. I looked out the window in one direction and saw the earth below with faint lines that were busy highways and multi-colored patches of earth that were agricultural commerce and bustling businesses. I looked in another direction and I saw huge towers of pillowy clouds that dwarfed the huge jet I was in. I felt so small.

Suddenly, I became aware of the greatness of God. I got choked up and my eyes filled with water. I started to praise God silently there in 27A because the greatness of Him was overwhelming my senses.

He is so awesome and has created this world to work in perfect order. The science of everything is only beginning to be discovered. The earth and sky shouts the greatness of God. Wonders fill the heavens yet His glory is so much higher than that.

And, to think that He has placed us in charge of all this? I'm overcome...

3 When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers – the moon and the stars you have set in place – 4 what are mortals that you should think of us, mere humans that you should care for us? 5 For you made us only a little lower than God, and you crowned us with glory and honor. 6 You put us in charge of everything you made, giving us authority over all things – 7 the sheep and the cattle and all the wild animals, 8 the birds in the sky, the fish in the sea, and everything that swims the ocean currents. 9 O LORD, our Lord, the majesty of your name fills the earth!

Praise Your Name, O God!

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP