« Home | Peace & Joy - Psalms 3 & 4 » | Planted by the Water - Psalms 1 & 2 » | The Legacy (or The Stone With Ears) - Joshua 24 » | What's Next? » | Separation Anxiety - Joshua 22 » | Ths Promise Fulfilled - Joshua 21 » | Take the Land - Joshua 18 » | Just Ask! - Joshua 17 » | Lack of Follow Through - Joshua 16 » | Kissin' Cousins - Joshua 15 » 

« Home | Peace & Joy - Psalms 3 & 4 » | Planted by the Water - Psalms 1 & 2 » | The Legacy (or The Stone With Ears) - Joshua 24 » | What's Next? » | Separation Anxiety - Joshua 22 » | Ths Promise Fulfilled - Joshua 21 » | Take the Land - Joshua 18 » | Just Ask! - Joshua 17 » | Lack of Follow Through - Joshua 16 » | Kissin' Cousins - Joshua 15 »

Happy Father's Day - Psalms 5,6

First off, let me send out a big HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all my brothers who have been blessed to have children. I'm proud to know you!

Psalms 5

The encouragement for me today is David's cry to God. Look how David just lets his cry be known to God:

1
O LORD, hear me as I pray; pay attention to my groaning. 2 Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for I will never pray to anyone but you. 3 Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.

I, too, want to spend time in the morning talking with God - telling Him exactly how I feel, no matter how whiny or difficult.

Psalms 6
I really resonated to this Psalm:

1 For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be accompanied by an eight-stringed instrument. O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your rage. 2 Have compassion on me, LORD, for I am weak. Heal me, LORD, for my body is in agony. 3 I am sick at heart. How long, O LORD, until you restore me? 4 Return, O LORD, and rescue me. Save me because of your unfailing love. 5 For in death, who remembers you? Who can praise you from the grave? 6 I am worn out from sobbing. Every night tears drench my bed; my pillow is wet from weeping. 7 My vision is blurred by grief; my eyes are worn out because of all my enemies.

8 Go away, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my crying. 9 The LORD has heard my plea; the LORD will answer my prayer. 10 May all my enemies be disgraced and terrified. May they suddenly turn back in shame.

In particular, verses 3-4 stuck out: "3 I am sick at heart. How long, O LORD, until you restore me? 4 Return, O LORD, and rescue me. Save me because of your unfailing love." He saves us, but not because of our worth over others, not because of our talents or good looks, not because of anything we could ever do or say, but because of His unfailing love. Meditate on His unfailing love today.

peace,

e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP