« Home | Supernatural "Mind Control"? - Exodus 11 » | Smoke & Mirrors - Exodus 7 » | If Not You Then Who? - Exodus 5 » | So he turned & ran away - Exodus 3 & 4 » | Prince of Egypt - Exodus 2 » | God's Promises - Exodus 1 » | Fellow Servant? - Revelation 22 » | post-Revelationialism - What's Next? » | No More Sorrows - Revelation 21 » | Book or Books? - Revelation 20 » 

« Home | Supernatural "Mind Control"? - Exodus 11 » | Smoke & Mirrors - Exodus 7 » | If Not You Then Who? - Exodus 5 » | So he turned & ran away - Exodus 3 & 4 » | Prince of Egypt - Exodus 2 » | God's Promises - Exodus 1 » | Fellow Servant? - Revelation 22 » | post-Revelationialism - What's Next? » | No More Sorrows - Revelation 21 » | Book or Books? - Revelation 20 »

Tradition - Exodus 12


My family never was much for rich traditions. I have fond memories of holidays and family times, but there was no annual rituals in which we all participated in together. I have known families who are deep in these kind of traditions and strongly hold to the performing of these. I admire this practice.

I guess I wondered where these traditions came from. With Passover, there's no question. God prescribes it with great detail in this chapter: what to eat, what to do, what to wear, etc. It's pretty clear.

I started thinking that perhaps I'm missing out. Afterall, I am a Christian and after what Jesus did on the cross, that makes me "circumcised at heart." Look what God says:

48 "If there are foreigners living among you who want to celebrate the LORD's Passover, let all the males be circumcised. Then they may come and celebrate the Passover with you. They will be treated just as if they had been born among you. But an uncircumcised male may never eat of the Passover lamb. 49 This law applies to everyone, whether a native-born Israelite or a foreigner who has settled among you."

Do you and your family share in any traditions? I'd be curious to hear about it...

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP