« Home | God is Worthy! - Psalms 7 & 8 » | Happy Father's Day - Psalms 5,6 » | Peace & Joy - Psalms 3 & 4 » | Planted by the Water - Psalms 1 & 2 » | The Legacy (or The Stone With Ears) - Joshua 24 » | What's Next? » | Separation Anxiety - Joshua 22 » | Ths Promise Fulfilled - Joshua 21 » | Take the Land - Joshua 18 » | Just Ask! - Joshua 17 » 

« Home | God is Worthy! - Psalms 7 & 8 » | Happy Father's Day - Psalms 5,6 » | Peace & Joy - Psalms 3 & 4 » | Planted by the Water - Psalms 1 & 2 » | The Legacy (or The Stone With Ears) - Joshua 24 » | What's Next? » | Separation Anxiety - Joshua 22 » | Ths Promise Fulfilled - Joshua 21 » | Take the Land - Joshua 18 » | Just Ask! - Joshua 17 »

Thank You God! - Psalms 9 & 10

Psalms 9
1 I will thank you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. 2 I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.
My heart leaped when I read this. I have so much to be thankful for, but I have not exactly been walking around in an attitude of gratitude lately. So, let me declare today my thanks and praise to God. Like David in this Psalm, my heart today is filled with gladness. He has held me up in the presence of my enemy and His righteous right hand has protected me through the fire.

Psalms 10
Have you ever felt this way:
1 O LORD, why do you stand so far away? Why do you hide when I need you the most?
The encouragement for me today is that David, the only man that God called "the man after God's own heart", questions where God is during the difficult times. Not that I question if God really cares, or if He has gone off on vacation, leaving me to fend for myself. Never! But, there are times I need to just cry out to Him like this.

As I understand Him more, and as His word gives me wisdom, the less fearful I am to tell Him exactly what I'm thinking - and somehow, the less I find it necessary to do so.

Be encouraged! God wants intimacy with you! He wants to know your heart and He wants you to know His. It's okay to cry out to God - even shout. He can handle it. You'll find that expressing yourself to Him starts the healing process right away. When we keep it inside and try to handle it by ourselves, it only makes things worse.

Thank You, God! I'm so grateful for how You are there to rescue us when we're feeling completely overwhelmed. Thank You that you care about us and want to hear from us - when we're walking with You and when we've completely blown it. I don't understand it, but I'm so thankful for it.

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP