« Home | Guard me, Hide me, Protect me - Psalms 17 » | Always With Me - Psalms 16 » | Who May Worship? - Psalms 15 » | Intimacy with God - Psalms 13 & 14 » | No Weapon Shall Prevail - Psalms 11 & 12 » | Thank You God! - Psalms 9 & 10 » | God is Worthy! - Psalms 7 & 8 » | Happy Father's Day - Psalms 5,6 » | Peace & Joy - Psalms 3 & 4 » | Planted by the Water - Psalms 1 & 2 » 

« Home | Guard me, Hide me, Protect me - Psalms 17 » | Always With Me - Psalms 16 » | Who May Worship? - Psalms 15 » | Intimacy with God - Psalms 13 & 14 » | No Weapon Shall Prevail - Psalms 11 & 12 » | Thank You God! - Psalms 9 & 10 » | God is Worthy! - Psalms 7 & 8 » | Happy Father's Day - Psalms 5,6 » | Peace & Joy - Psalms 3 & 4 » | Planted by the Water - Psalms 1 & 2 »

Declare His Glory! - Psalm 19

In the first part of this Psalm, David calls attention to the fact that all of God's creation is doing what it was created to do:
1 The heavens tell of the glory of God. The skies display his marvelous craftsmanship. 2 Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. 3 They speak without a sound or a word; their voice is silent in the skies; 4 yet their message has gone out to all the earth, and their words to all the world.
What was God's creation created to do? Declare the greatness of God! All is working perfectly as God has intended - the trees, the heavens, the atmosphere, the animals, fish, fowl, insects, geology, etc.

To man, however, He gave free will. Because He wanted someone to love and not just love Him back because He made them do so. As a result, we have some who are not declaring His greatness. Some are caught in destructive sins, some do not recognize Him as God, and some even make a point to tear down all things that have to do with God. One day, however, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord! As for me, I want to declare His greatness every moment I live - just as David did.

And, because of His desire for a relationship with us, God gave us laws. These laws were not meant to condem us, but to point out how much we need Him - because we simply cannot live up to them all. They show us where we fail to be holy. I like what David says about God's laws:
9 The laws of the LORD are true; each one is fair. 10 They are more desirable than gold, even the finest gold. They are sweeter than honey, even honey dripping from the comb. 11 They are a warning to those who hear them; there is great reward for those who obey them.
Then, I love David's prayer in verses 12 - 14:
12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. 13 Keep me from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. 14 May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.
Yes, Lord! May what I say and think today be pleasing to You!

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP