« Home | Hidden Treasure - Proverbs 2 » | We Are His Sheep - Psalms 23 » | Prophetic Psalm? - Psalms 22 » | Long Live the King! - Psalms 21 » | Some Trust in Chariots - Psalms 20 » | Declare His Glory! - Psalm 19 » | Guard me, Hide me, Protect me - Psalms 17 » | Always With Me - Psalms 16 » | Who May Worship? - Psalms 15 » | Intimacy with God - Psalms 13 & 14 » 

« Home | Hidden Treasure - Proverbs 2 » | We Are His Sheep - Psalms 23 » | Prophetic Psalm? - Psalms 22 » | Long Live the King! - Psalms 21 » | Some Trust in Chariots - Psalms 20 » | Declare His Glory! - Psalm 19 » | Guard me, Hide me, Protect me - Psalms 17 » | Always With Me - Psalms 16 » | Who May Worship? - Psalms 15 » | Intimacy with God - Psalms 13 & 14 »

Breakfast of Champions - Proverbs 3

I know it's not the end of the year when you start thinking about being in shape, but lately I've been really thinking how much I need to start working out. Unfortunately, like my daily Bible reading, I think I need someone to be accountable to - or a workout partner. But with schedules the way they are... Isn't it amazing how timely the Word of God is? As I have been considering what to do about my health situation, look what I came across:
1 My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, 2 for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity.

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. 8 This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.
Seems a bit strange to think that remembering God's teaching will extend your life and fearing the Lord and shunning evil will bring health and nourishment, doesn't it?

The simple fact is that when we make time each day to listen to God, He will use that time to prompt us. He will remind us of things we need to do. He will nudge us concerning the condition of our "temples" (i.e. that is our bodies and our health). He will guide us concerning our finances and our wealth. He will convict us of areas we need to confess. He will put on our hearts those who are in need around us.

Listening to Him for these things is what brings life. He promised us more abundant life. The encouragement today is to keep making time for Him every day. Listen for His voice - in your quiet time, during your commute, at your desk, at lunch - whatever it takes.

Just like it says in verses 5 & 6:

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Thank You, Lord! Increase my trust in You today!

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP