« Home | Long Live the King! - Psalms 21 » | Some Trust in Chariots - Psalms 20 » | Declare His Glory! - Psalm 19 » | Guard me, Hide me, Protect me - Psalms 17 » | Always With Me - Psalms 16 » | Who May Worship? - Psalms 15 » | Intimacy with God - Psalms 13 & 14 » | No Weapon Shall Prevail - Psalms 11 & 12 » | Thank You God! - Psalms 9 & 10 » | God is Worthy! - Psalms 7 & 8 » 

« Home | Long Live the King! - Psalms 21 » | Some Trust in Chariots - Psalms 20 » | Declare His Glory! - Psalm 19 » | Guard me, Hide me, Protect me - Psalms 17 » | Always With Me - Psalms 16 » | Who May Worship? - Psalms 15 » | Intimacy with God - Psalms 13 & 14 » | No Weapon Shall Prevail - Psalms 11 & 12 » | Thank You God! - Psalms 9 & 10 » | God is Worthy! - Psalms 7 & 8 »

Prophetic Psalm? - Psalms 22

I find myself in the same recent dilemma this morning. I want to spend more time understanding this passage. I am intrigued by David's words and I want to know more - but I have to get to work. I slept to the last possible moment because I am so tired. My days are filled with activity from early morning until I can no longer hold my eyes open. But I will medidate on this Psalm today - there seems to be much more here than meets the eye...

As I read today's Psalm, several key phrases stuck out to me:
  • My God, my God! Why have you forsaken me?
  • I am scorned and despised by all!
  • "Is this the one who relies on the LORD? Then let the LORD save him! If the LORD loves him so much, let the LORD rescue him!"
  • They have pierced my hands and feet.
  • My enemies stare at me and gloat.
  • They divide my clothes among themselves and throw dice for my garments.
  • I will fulfill my vows in the presence of those who worship you.
  • The whole earth will acknowledge the LORD and return to him. People from every nation will bow down before him.

If I didn't know better, I'd think I was reading the words of Jesus, not David. I was amazed how many phrases used in this Psalm described Jesus and what He went through. Could this be some kind of prophetic Psalm? Could the Holy Spirit have been inspiring these words in David in order to prophesy Jesus agony and suffering and His triumph?

The encouragement for us today is to expect miracles. David probably had no idea these words were prophetic, but he was crying out to God and worshiping Him. As a result of his worship, the Holy Spirit gave David miraculous insight. As we worship Him and cry out to Him, He will hear us and He will answer us in miraculous ways - in ways we may not even know about at first. Trust Him - He is faithful.

peace,
e

About me

  • I'm Jaqua (Jāy 'Quāy)
  • From Tampa, Florida, United States
My profile

Reading Schedule

9/22/2006 - Esther 10
9/23/2006 - Psalms 24
9/24/2006 - Psalms 25
.
.
9/30/2006 - Psalms 31
10/1/2006 - COMING SOON!
Search the Bible:


  HELP